Saturday, September 27, 2014

An Interesting Stay.

March 2014, Hotel Astoria, Lake Garda, Italy.

A hotel of frogs.

The entrance of this hotel had a big stuffed animal frog, quite like the one in this photo, there were shelves all throughout the lobby full of frog objects that you could actually buy from the hotel.

I remember when I was getting ready to leave for this adventure of Italy and Switzerland my sister had told me about this hotel, and I honestly thought she was joking. I shrugged it off until we got there late at night and we were greeted with frogs everywhere. I will say that I was thankful that there were no real frogs.

You would think in the guest rooms it would be at least slightly normal, no. There was this massive tree frog panting that faced the beds, and watched you as you slept, this painting was even larger than the tv beside it. The rooms were a dull mustard yellow colour accented by a deep blue, it wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing hotel, but it had a bed and shower that's all that mattered.

And frogs.

Ribbit, ribbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment