Monday, September 29, 2014

Look Up, Not the Middle.

March 2014, Statue of David, Florence, Italy.
It's a bit small don't you think? If you ever get to see it in person look at it from behind, the view's better. ;)

The statue of David by Michelangelo, I saw that in person. Not something I ever thought I would be able to say since it's in Italy. Seeing stuff by Michelangelo was rather amazing for me after talking about him among other artists during my art courses throughout high school, and I felt pretty awesome seeing them and knowing background stuff.

Art. Art is something that will continue to amaze me as I see more throughout my travels, and even through photos and the internet. There's really so much talent in the world, now and way back then. The amount of detailing that goes into sculptures, like can you imagine sculpting something, and then making the wrong move and you try to fix it or work with it, or the worst, it's ruined. I applaud sculptors, or any artist for that matter because they are amazing problem solvers.

Art is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment